Installation of Hide Pipe Bag Without CollarsSKU: SERBTI-H
Installation of Hide Pipe Bag Without Collars
We can professionally install your traditional-style hide pipe bag, including L&M traditional, L&M Scotian without grommets, and Gannaway hide bags without collars. For this service we don't need your entire bagpipe, just the 5 stocks. We'll remove your old bag, cut holes when necessary, tie-on the hide bag you supply or purchase, prepare according to manufacturer recommendations, and test for airtightness. Unless you have specific requests for hole placement, we'll use the long-accepted measurements outlined in Captain John MacLellan's handbook.
- Removal of previous pipe bag
- Return of previous pipe bag, unless disposal is requested (Some bags, especially hide bags, will not be reusable)
- Cutting of holes in L&M bags (Gannaway holes are pre-cut)
- Tie-in of replacement pipe bag
- Traditional bags will be seasoned with Airtight
- Gannaway bags will be primed, using product supplied with bags
- Scotian bags shouldn't require treatment, but come with sealant to be applied later
- Test for airtightness
There is a $10 surcharge for the installation of bags not purchased at Henderson's.
Save to Compare