Bagpipe Music Writer Gold
Music Engraving & Playing Software for the Great Highland Bagpipe
This is a thorough system for composing, documenting, printing, and playing bagpipe music, with all of its special features and embellishments. The 94-page instruction book is a complete and easy-to-follow reference guide. Bagpipe Music Writer has been used in the publication of 30 well-known pipe music collections and instructional books, and is relied on by many bands. Robert MacNeil is a piper, composer, and adjudicator, who played with Simon Fraser University. The book comes with instructions for installing BMW on Windows 7 32- and 64-bit systems. Unfortunately, this product is not compatible with Macs.
Bagpipe Music Writer Features
- Can play light music (including flats, naturals, and sharps) and piobaireachd (including abbreviations) on sound card or PC's internal speaker
- Sound card output includes sounds and independent volume controls for chanter, tenor drone, and bass drone. Duration of drone introduction (in milliseconds) can be set.
- Any sound card which supports EMU SoundFonts® will allow you to produce Real Bagpipe Sounds (professional piper quality chanter and drones sound) when playing tunes (Creative Labs® AWE32, AWE64, Soundblaster® LIVE!, Soundblaster LIVE! Value cards; E-MU/Ensoniq® EMU-8710, EMU-8710PS PCMCIA cards).
VCR style controls (Play, Stop/Pause, Rewind, Continuous Play) for music play.
Can enable or disable a Moving Music Pointer
Can set absolute tempo and gracenote duration for the tune
- Adjustments for reducing the abruptness of melody notes preceding and following complex embellishments.
- Tempo and time signature changes can be inserted anywhere in the tune
Can select the MIDI device and MIDI instrument for playing the music
Real bagpipe chanter and drones sounds available (requires a Creative Labs AWE32, AWE64, or Sound Blaster LIVE! sound card)
- MIDI notes can be set for each note from Low G to High A (including flats, naturals, and sharps) and for tenor and bass drones.
PC Speaker frequencies can be set for each note from Low G to High A (including flats, naturals, and sharps).
Repeat symbols and multiple endings (i.e. 1st Time, 2nd Time, 2nd Time 2nd Part etc.) correctly interpreted
- Standard music symbols (segno, dal segno, fine and da capo al fine) available for denoting and playing piobaireachd singling and doubling variations and for returning to and playing the first line of the ground, respectively
- Music can be saved to a MIDI format file
- Three MIDI note and Frequency configurations for sound output (Low A at B flat 466Hz, Low A at A natural 440Hz, or User Defined)
- Multiple tunes in a file can be played together as a medley
- Bagpipe Music Writer GOLD is OLE compliant. Music can be placed in other OLE compliant Windows applications by linking or embedding a BWW extension file
- Music can be saved to images files in BMP or PCX file formats. Resolution is set by the Zoom level
- Long file names for tune code files, e.g. Scotland The Brave.bww (only with 32 bit version of Windows -- Windows 95/98/NT4)
- Tune code files are ASCII based
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 3.1x, Windows 95, 98, NT 3.51 or higher (NT systems require greater hardware resources)
- 486-33MHz or faster processor
- 8MB RAM, 8MB free disk space
- VGA or higher resolution display card
- Microsoft compatible mouse
Sound card recommended
Not compatible with Macs